mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Do Crank Bros MXR pedals come with washers or is it the Truvativ Firex 3.2 cranks?

Just wondering here. I bought a Brodie Mettle and I am swapping the Crank Brothers MXR pedals for Shimano SPDs..I know, the spuds are heavier, but I have two other bikes with spuds and only one pair of shoes...

Do Crank Brothers MXR pedals come with washers? Or do my Truvativ Firex 3.2 cranks come with washers? When I removed the Crank Brothers MXR pedals, I noticed there was a washer on the spindle. Does the washer belong to the Crank Bros pedals or my Truvativ Firex 3.2 cranks? Should I use the washer with my shimano spd pedals? If they came with the cranks, then I'll use them...If they came with the Crank Bros pedals, then I'll keep them with the crank bros for when I sell them.

thanks for any info,

Last edited by morkys; 08-07-2008 at 07:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Washers usually come with the cranks. On the cranks, if there an indentation, where the washer would fit perfectly?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    Washers usually come with the cranks. On the cranks, if there an indentation, where the washer would fit perfectly?
    I think you're right. I noticed yesterday on an owners manual for detachable pedals for my Dahon, there was a note that you are supposed to use the washers if your cranks have the indentation. So, back to the xc mtb....the truvativ cranks on the Brodie do have the indentation. So they are probably for the cranks.

I just looked at an owners manual for Truvativ firex cranks and it shows a washer...it says "optional"... ... so I guess it's up to me...I suppose I'll use it and it should be fine...
    Last edited by morkys; 08-08-2008 at 03:09 AM.