Buzzrider

New question here. Difference between Sram PC-99 and PC-991

I hope this question is not redundent. What is the difference between a Sram PC-99 chain and the PC-991. Same price different looks. The Sram website is of no use at all.

Are you talking to me?

Is there one?

Good question. Model's changed slightly? I beleive they are the same, or at least VERY close.
    gfy

Buzzrider
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Good question. Model's changed slightly? I beleive they are the same, or at least VERY close.

From the pics they seem to be quite different. I am using a new Shimano cassette, with a RaceFace Deus crank. Just wondering if one would be better than the other. Seems odd that the Sram web site gives no specs for the PC-991.

PC-99 in the first image and PC-991 in the second.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buzzrider; 07-22-2006 at 05:23 AM.

Cereal Killer
    I've used both the older models, and the newer ones, and the only difference I've seen, is that on the new ones, the outer links have a slight "buldge" to them. Makes them a little noiser when there's a crossing (small cog, small chainring), but nothing to worry about. Freaked me out when I first heard it, but quickly figured it out. Hopefully it won't pre-maturely wear any parts out.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by chadmeeh
    I've used both the older models, and the newer ones, and the only difference I've seen, is that on the new ones, the outer links have a slight "buldge" to them. Makes them a little noiser when there's a crossing (small cog, small chainring), but nothing to worry about. Freaked me out when I first heard it, but quickly figured it out. Hopefully it won't pre-maturely wear any parts out.

Don't run those extreme gear combos and you should'nt have any abnormal wear (small/small, or Large/Large). They are not great for your drivetrain no matter what chain/components you are using.

Members who have read this thread: 0