banned

Derailleur Hanger Compatability Issues?

Hi,

Pardon me for what may seem like a dumb question, but when replacing a rear derailleur hanger, do I need to pay attention to size/type/model, or are they a strictly one-size-fits-all affair?

I recently had some maintenance done and the LBS guy pointed out my der. hanger is a little bent; not enough to seriously affect the ride - yet - but enough that he said he wasn't entirely comfortable trying to straighten it - so it'll need to be replaced eventually. Looking around at the online shops, I notice alot of hangers seem to be manufactured with particular brands in mind, and I'd just as soon avoid the hassle of getting the wrong part.

Thanks.

mtbr member

your intuition is correct

it's not a one-'type' fits all, so make sure to get da correct one for your bike...
    hasta,
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane
    Hi,

Pardon me for what may seem like a dumb question, but when replacing a rear derailleur hanger, do I need to pay attention to size/type/model, or are they a strictly one-size-fits-all affair?

I recently had some maintenance done and the LBS guy pointed out my der. hanger is a little bent; not enough to seriously affect the ride - yet - but enough that he said he wasn't entirely comfortable trying to straighten it - so it'll need to be replaced eventually. Looking around at the online shops, I notice alot of hangers seem to be manufactured with particular brands in mind, and I'd just as soon avoid the hassle of getting the wrong part.

Thanks.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    it's not a one-'type' fits all, so make sure to get da correct one for your bike...
    hasta,
    S
    Thanks. Of all the parts you'd think oughtta be standardized...