mtbr member

Deraileur setting up?

Hello all,

So basically im trying to configure my rear deraileur and the problem that ive ran into is that one of the deraileur "guide" gears is basically interferring with any gear that i coerce the deraileur into (the guide gear rides directly on the cassette gear). I tried adjusting the bscrew both ways to the hilt and it doesnt do anything from what i see.. What did i do wrong? I think the chain might be a link or two too slack but im not 100% sure of this.

Also is the deraileur without a cable attached supposed to move up to a larger gear on its own as you pedal? mine doesnt do anything...

Thanks

Oliver
    Lean back, Hit both brakes, And ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today?

mtbr member
    Get the cable snug while the derailleur is on the smallest gear with the shifter in the appropriate selection. You need to set the H and L limit screws. Your derailleur should have came with instructions on how this needs to be done.

-Brett

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraig042
    Get the cable snug while the derailleur is on the smallest gear with the shifter in the appropriate selection. You need to set the H and L limit screws. Your derailleur should have came with instructions on how this needs to be done.

-Brett
    Thanks for the reply.

I tried this and it still interferes with the cassette. :X

For whatever reason when i adjust my bscrew the cage does not go anywhere...

edit... DOH. i dont think the btension screw is actually pushing off of anything :X
    Last edited by Cata1yst; 11-22-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Lean back, Hit both brakes, And ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today?