Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Deore LX Crankset?

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Rucker61 
#1 ·
Well i bent the hell of my stock crankset (Shimano Octalink), so I purchased the cheapest i could find - Jenson USA had a Deore LX for 85 bucks! came with bb.

I installed it my self, I was just wondering if anyone had experience (good or bad) with this crankset.

thanks!

#5 ·
Excellent crankset, I have them on three bikes. You might want to think about having your bottom bracket shell properly faced if you haven't already. Since the cups tighten down against the outer edge of the bb shell, you could wind up having problems with the bearings aligning with each other and/or premature bearing wear if it is far enough off. I usually do my own work, but I let one of our "local" shops install one set of them and they just slapped it together without facing the bb shell, it was far enough out of whack to cause the drive side cup to crack.

#11 ·
I got one of those LX cranks from Jenson near the beginning of this season. It was noticeably stiffer than my old Deore square taper crank. I have not had any issues to report yet.

#13 ·
I bought a set for one of my bikes then later bought another for my wifes.I run SLX on my other bike and the SLX has not changed much from the LX.It is a great crank and the best deal going at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.