外国人
    Jun 2007

cross post : uzzi vpx 2x10

hi, currently i have a large intense uzzi vpx that is 1x9. was thinking of doing 2x10, has anybody tried this setup using the available SRAM 2x10 drivetrains? I am partial to SRAM because of the crisp shifting but i do plan to use a shimano saint 2x crankset.

or i was thinking of getting the shimano saint crank 2x with a 9 speed SRAM cassette at the back and using an x7 shifter with a 2 speed x7 FD. does this make sense?

thank you in advance!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've run 2x9 Shimano XTR on my VPX for a few years, works fine. Rarely even lost the chain despite lack of chain guide (though did run the chain too short to run the 36:32 ratio).

NB my rear spacing is 135mm. If you're running 150mm you're likely to run in to chain line issues from what I recall seeing on forums some years ago.

Don't see why SRAM would be any different.
    Don't fight the mountain

外国人
    Jun 2007
    thanks twebeast! yes i also have 135mm rear spacing. i guess i will move on to the next question

what type of front shifter should i use? are the new front shifters from the 2x10 groupsets compatible with a 2x9; thinking that the actuation ratios of these FDs are the same? or should i get an old 3x9 front shifter?
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start