My bike seems to have developed an extreme creak since I put it on my trainer. I'm looking for some help in trying to understand where it might be coming from.
1) Only creaks under moderate to heavy load induced by the trainer.
2) Creaks if I'm standing or sitting on the seat - usually, seatpost creaks disappear if I stand up. That isn't the case here and I've eliminated the seatpost as a source of creaking.
3) Rear wheel is relatively new and has low miles on it. Spokes are tensioned well.
4) Pedals are tight, cranks seem tight and don't have play. Haven't pulled bottom bracket but will if that is the only idea people have.
5) Cassette, chain in good shape.
Longshot, but the last person to ride this bike (it is my spare/stationary trainer bike) weighs about 200 (vs. my weight of 167). Seems unlikely but could a crack have developed in the frame? How would I determine this? Frame is about 4.5 years old (Cannondale F900SX).
Any help in diagnosing this problem would be appreciated. Creak is quite loud and driving me crazy.
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Creaky frame?