mtbr member

Crank Bros. Quattro pedals?

Has anyone used Quattro pedals for offroad riding?

I now have eggbeaters, but was considering going to Acids or Candys...but then came across some killer deals on Quattro SLs.

Is there any reason these would be a problem on a mountain bike? They have a platform that looks like it's similar in size to the Acids.

I did a search and the only mention on MTBR is that the Quattro cleats are more durable.

mtbr member
    I have many pairs of candies and 1 pair of quattro's.

while I marginally prefer the quattros to the candys for road riding, my quattros seem comparatively flimsy for cross/mtb duty. one of the aluminum side plates has come off. I was able to refasten it, but if it comes off again, I'll probably have to send them back.

short answer, keep the quattros on the road.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie
    Has anyone used Quattro pedals for offroad riding?

I now have eggbeaters, but was considering going to Acids or Candys...but then came across some killer deals on Quattro SLs.

Is there any reason these would be a problem on a mountain bike? They have a platform that looks like it's similar in size to the Acids.

I did a search and the only mention on MTBR is that the Quattro cleats are more durable.
    Get the Acids. The Quattro is more fragile and more difficult to clip into with mtb shoes.

The "quattro" cleat had become the premium and is standard with most of the pedals.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I only use the quattro pedals on the road bike, and they work great. I wouldn't use them on the mountain bike. If you are looking for crank bros pedal with a platform, the quattros are uneven, the spindle near the crank arm is thicker than at the end, so they are not flat pedals.