mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Crank Bros. Mallet 1 pedals

OK so I am sitting here miserable with a broken 5th metatarsal bone in my foot, I am thinking of going with Mallet 1 pedals for there wideness so I will have some more support for my foot. So my question is how strong are these pedals because I am a clyde 6'5" 260-265. I don't really do any hardcore riding small drops but I really enjoy wide pedals. So let me here from the gurus here and guide me in the right direction.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by jjange68
    OK so I am sitting here miserable with a broken 5th metatarsal bone in my foot, I am thinking of going with Mallet 1 pedals for there wideness so I will have some more support for my foot. So my question is how strong are these pedals because I am a clyde 6'5" 260-265. I don't really do any hardcore riding small drops but I really enjoy wide pedals. So let me here from the gurus here and guide me in the right direction.
    I used to freeride a few years back on a pair of Mallet C's doing some fairly large drops, and they held up fine under my 225lbs. The 1's are basically the same as the old C's.

I'd say you'd have no issues