Group Hug Participant

Crank arms only?

I've been looking for some 175 mm crank arms to fit ISIS drive, 4 bolt pattern. I need them to fit a new Race Face Evolve FR BB. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive crank arm, or should I just buy a crank arm set with new rings and bash guard? I wouldn't want anything DH oriented.

Thanks for any input.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    I've been looking for some 175 mm crank arms to fit ISIS drive, 4 bolt pattern. I need them to fit a new Race Face Evolve FR BB. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive crank arm, or should I just buy a crank arm set with new rings and bash guard? I wouldn't want anything DH oriented.

Thanks for any input.
    eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay.

Did I mention eBay?

I just bought some sweet Race Face Turbines a few weeks ago. Lots of ISIS stuff there to be had. Bontrager and Truvativ are usually fairly inexpensive. Some nice Race Face shows up often, but those are starting to carry a price.

Monte

Group Hug Participant
    Thanks Monte. I hadn't thought of ebay. Well, actually I had, but Ebay takes too much time and effort . Beggars can't be choosers, right? I'll check it.

Anyone else with some "inside information"? Anyone have opinions on the FSA MTB V Drive Extreme Bash Crank set?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I got some Bontrager Race cranks, ISIS, 4 bolt, look brand new. $30 If you want the chain rings you can them them also. Let me know if you are interested.
    swans194@hotmail.com
    www.mudrider.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Pricepoint has the Turbine for $139.99. Sell the rings and get a SS ring W/Bash Guard. I run them on all my bikes.

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    Thanks Monte. I hadn't thought of ebay. Well, actually I had, but Ebay takes too much time and effort . Beggars can't be choosers, right? I'll check it.
    Yeah, you do have to put in some effort to find something specific if you're looking. I just have a bookmark to Mountain Bike Parts, then search for ISIS, or Turbine (those were the cranks I was looking for and found), doesn't take too much time.

Monte

banned
    RaceFace Evolve DH ISIS cranks w/ Evolve FR BB for $130.

I think there's a similar one with the DH BB for a wider spindle.

Group Hug Participant

Good call

I've got a new FR version of this BB and have seen this set up for around $80.00. Probably what I'll end up with.