I'm a bottom feeder...

Couple Of Xo Rd Questions

Hello All- I just put Sram XO RD on my bike. This is the first time I attempted such a job. First, it won't shift into smallest cog and second, it won't shift into largest cog. It shifts in the other 7 cogs beautifully. Is the cable too tight, too loose, or is the H and L screws out of adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Meh.
    Make sure that you have the cable on the correct side of the pinch bolt. Make sure that the cable runs through the little plastic guide correctly. Make sure the high/low and b-limit screws are adjusted properly. Check cable tension. Check derailleur hanger allignment.

The SRAM manual is pretty good at telling you what to do.

bang
    it does, but it's not very detailed.

the barnett's chapter on rear derailers, however, is very detailed. if you can't set your derailer up after reading that, you probably have to take it to a bike shop to get the derailer hanger aligned.

I'm a bottom feeder...

Thanks...

Thanks guys... I got it workin' This thing shifts awesome. Just needed some tinkerin' I love the way you can fly from cog to cog with just a push of the lever! Kicks a$$!

Tech geek and racerboy
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CARP
    ...I love the way you can fly from cog to cog with just a push of the lever!

I think that's the idea, eh? Glad you got 'er workin'.
    A hardtail is forever