banned

Chains: Sram 950 or Wipperman 900/04/08?

I have always used the old style SRAM pc chains, but since they redesigned them, I was wondering if the new ones are as good as the old ones, or if I should send my business to Wipperman.

Cheezy Rider
    I like Wipperman's version of the Powerlink a lot better, I find it much easier to unlink. And Wippermans come in different colors! I stuck with plain old metal colored, personally.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I have always used the old style SRAM pc chains, but since they redesigned them, I was wondering if the new ones are as good as the old ones, or if I should send my business to Wipperman.
    I personally like Wipperman better. I don't think the new SRAM chains are as good as the old ones.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Yes!

Wipperman Connex link IS better! Powerlinks seem to get stuck. I am actually running Connex links on all my chains, including XTR on my geared bike. Works great.

But I have no complaints with either chain. I have used both with excellent results.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by Rufudufus
    I like Wipperman's version of the Powerlink a lot better, I find it much easier to unlink. And Wippermans come in different colors! I stuck with plain old metal colored, personally.

banned
    I would end up buying a low end Wipperman, but they are pretty expensive, no doubt. This is even more so after the dollar decline against the Euro. My LBS says they now buy for what they used to sell them for.

Cheezy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I personally like Wipperman better. I don't think the new SRAM chains are as good as the old ones.
    And the price on the SRAMs has gone up, at least at my LBS. Cost about the same as the Wippermans.