Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

New question here. Chainrings for XT M760 crankset?

Two questions:

1. What are the best replacement rings for Shimano XT M760 crankset? (Shimano or someone else?)

2. Where can I find the best deal on replacement rings?

This is bat country.
    Here ya go bud - http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5&category=678

That's about the cheapest you'll find them from a reputable dealer.
    If the rig made the rider, I'd be pro...

Chrome Toaster
    Shimano XT replacement rings are quite cheap and still overall the best. Not much of a point of going with anything else here unless you don't want the best shifting.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I buy LX

Quote Originally Posted by cbratt
    Two questions:

1. What are the best replacement rings for Shimano XT M760 crankset? (Shimano or someone else?)

I don't find they shift any worse then XT and they are a lot cheaper. I think they last as long also. Very cheap pricing too. I think the outer ring is under $30.

Jaybo

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by cbratt
    Two questions:

I've used Race Face and Salsa rings on my M760 mainly because I wanted a 34T middle ring. There are some issues with using rings other than the exact M760 replacement ring (need different chainring bolts for the middle). The RF only lasted 3 months for me and cost an arm and a leg. The Salsa doesn't have shift pins but shifts fine and has lasted about 6 months now. The Shimano ring looks pretty worn already and I have used it but a handful of times. Based on the wear of these three, the Salsa seems to be holding up the best and is the least expensive.
    Long Live Long Rides

Chrome Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I don't find they shift any worse then XT and they are a lot cheaper. I think they last as long also. Very cheap pricing too. I think the outer ring is under $30.

Jaybo
    I'm not sure about the new generation cranks but LX and XT cranks usually share the same rings. At least the middle one has always been the same.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Blackspire make good rings as well. Check out the reviews. I believe webcyclery has them.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

What I thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus
    I'm not sure about the new generation cranks but LX and XT cranks usually share the same rings. At least the middle one has always been the same.
    I see no reason to buy any other rings. I can get a whole set for like nothing...and typically, I only change out the small and middle yearly. The big goes until it is almost tooothless....kind of like my uncle

Jaybo