mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Chainguide Installation

Hello everyone. Recently I've bought an e.13 srs changuide and my frame doesn't have iscg tabs, so i'm using the bb mount > iscg 05 adapter, but, i can't install it.

http://img594.imageshack.us/i/pb073810.jpg/
    The problem is that the sprocket touches the changuide and i need approx *look at the photo, red lines* a 4mm additional spacer (one 2.5mm is already installed)but 6.5mm of spacers i think is a nonsense. Current bb is 118mm long,the bb is dead tho. What if i would change it to 126mm long? Maybe this would work or are there any other ways to install this chainguide using 118mm bb
    Last edited by PasaliusLT; 11-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PasaliusLT
    Hello everyone. Recently I've bought an e.13 srs changuide and my frame doesn't have iscg tabs, so i'm using the bb mount > iscg 05 adapter, but, i can't install it.

http://img594.imageshack.us/i/pb073810.jpg/
    The problem is that the sprocket touches the changuide and i need approx *look at the photo, red lines* a 4mm additional spacer (one 2.5mm is already installed)but 6.5mm of spacers i think is a nonsense. Current bb is 118mm long,the bb is dead tho. What if i would change it to 126mm long? Maybe this would work or are there any other ways to install this chainguide using 118mm bb
    What frame is this going on? If you had a bike with a 73mm BB shell and 150mm rear hub, then you would need a 128mm ISIS spindle. The 118mm should be fine normally (50mm chainline)...not entirely sure why everything isn't spacing out correctly, unless that is somehow a 113mm spindle or somthing. What cranks are those?

Have you tried installing this on the bike yet? Theoretically this should all work...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by philw86
    What frame is this going on? If you had a bike with a 73mm BB shell and 150mm rear hub, then you would need a 128mm ISIS spindle. The 118mm should be fine normally (50mm chainline)...not entirely sure why everything isn't spacing out correctly, unless that is somehow a 113mm spindle or somthing. What cranks are those?

Have you tried installing this on the bike yet? Theoretically this should all work...
    I'm using CMP cranks, also tried with dartmoor lasco cranks both cranks are with isis drive. And frame is norco sasquatch, 68mm shell with 140mm rear hub. I've tried installing the chainguide on the bike, it doesn't work either, not enough of space.
    Last edited by PasaliusLT; 11-08-2010 at 12:45 PM.