Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chain Trying to Jump

538 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kapusta 
#1 ·
I just got my setup completed and everything was working fine while it was on the stand. It was shifting up an down gears just fine. Now I was just cruising it up and down the street and it doesn't want to shift while in the center 2 gears of the cassette. The alignment of the cogs line up great and it will shift great up and down into every gear except the middle 2. What could be causing this, cable tension?

Setup is

Saint 810 Single Gear Crank - 36 t
Sram X.9 Shifter
Sram X.9 Derailleur
Sram PG970 DH Cassette
Sram PC991 Chain

#2 ·
JAILBAIT said:
I just got my setup completed and everything was working fine while it was on the stand. It was shifting up an down gears just fine. Now I was just cruising it up and down the street and it doesn't want to shift while in the center 2 gears of the cassette. The alignment of the cogs line up great and it will shift great up and down into every gear except the middle 2. What could be causing this, cable tension?

Setup is

Sram X.9 Shifter
Sram X.9 Derailleur
Sram PG970 DH Cassette
Sram PC991 Chain
No cable tension is not the problem....

Buddy had a similar problem turned out to be bent teeth on the cassette, have a real close look and the teeth of the problem sprokets.

He had a brand new shimano cassette.....somebody or something must have impacted it...

#4 ·
JAILBAIT said:

Setup is

Sram X.9 Shifter
Sram X.9 Derailleur
Sram PG970 DH Cassette
Sram PC991 Chain
Are the cables and housing new?

There could be a crimp in the cable that gets hung up right around the cog position in question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.