mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Chain re fitment question.

Hi

Ok so you know when you put on a new chain on an old cassette you sometime get the chain skip when put under tension while pedaling.

Well...

I recently had my chain off to carry out some work on the bike. Now i have it back together using the same cassette and chain as there both only a couple of hundred miles old. I get a one tooth skip under tension. Normally in 8th which i suspect is the most worn gear.

Is it possible to put the chain on upside down? Creating a new chain old cassette effect? Could flipping the chain solve the problem?

If you think about it putting the chain on upside down would mean the chain is leading with a different side of the link.

Obviously i could just try it but wanted to ask if anyone else had encountered this before.

Joel
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Are you sure the powerlink you used is the correct one and that it's installed properly?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I suspected it might be the power link. Again the same link as before i took the chain off. I wondered if it was the power link or one link that was giving me a random or one tooth skip.
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...