Thread: Chain Lne

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Chain Lne

IS it possible to correctly line up a triple ring crank on a 83 mm bb shell with a 150 mm rear hub spacing.

mtbr member
    first off...what the duece are you riding???

second, if you can find a bb w/ that spacing (never heard of it before...retro bike), get the shortest spindle you can, and if you are using a cassette w/ seperate cogs then you may want to take off the lowest cog and put spacers in behind your 1st gear. i am doing this to get a better chainline in my lower 3rd chainring gears, you'll have to do it to make up for the messed up spacing.

are you sure you measured right???

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ctracer01
    first off...what the duece are you riding???

second, if you can find a bb w/ that spacing (never heard of it before...retro bike), get the shortest spindle you can, and if you are using a cassette w/ seperate cogs then you may want to take off the lowest cog and put spacers in behind your 1st gear. i am doing this to get a better chainline in my lower 3rd chainring gears, you'll have to do it to make up for the messed up spacing.

are you sure you measured right???
    yep its a transitionbikes gran mal.
    check out www.transitionbikes.com for details.
    Ive decided just to run a single up front for and also because thats what they recomend, doesnt help that they have removed the cable guides for a front deraileur from the production frames so cable routing would be fun.