mtbr member
    Apr 2005

CHAIN compatibility with crankset

HI, guys , i just got my brand new SHImano XTR crankset, and i also order a sram PC-991 chain, i was wondering if is there any disadvantage to use the sram chain and not the SHimano XTR chain.>> is anyone using a sram chain in a xtr crankset>>.

thanks

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian21
    HI, guys , i just got my brand new SHImano XTR crankset, and i also order a sram PC-991 chain, i was wondering if is there any disadvantage to use the sram chain and not the SHimano XTR chain.>> is anyone using a sram chain in a xtr crankset>>.

thanks
    It'll work fine. XTR chains wear out a little quickly IMO. I run a Wipperman Connex chain on a e13 chainring with a Shimano XT/XTR cassette. I used to have a SRAM cassette.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    OK, i bought this sram chain , because i like it more than the xtr i used to have, I'm just going to use it and see how it goes...
    thanks

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I've heard great stuff about the Wipperman but have yet to use one myself. I stocked up on Sram pc 68's at Nashbar for $12 each. Never a problem and cheap.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo
    I've heard great stuff about the Wipperman but have yet to use one myself. I stocked up on Sram pc 68's at Nashbar for $12 each. Never a problem and cheap.
    I love the Wipperman. One of the only chains that have lasted 6 months without snapping. It stays where you put it. And stretch is minimal after 6 months.