Shut Up, Legs!
    Mar 2004

Carbon Lord Cranks Anyone got one?

I'm looking at a Carbon Lord crank.on ebay. Anyone got one?

Do It Yourself
    Pretty much all carbon bike parts in made in Taiwan by a handful of companies. They do very nice work. I'm pretty sure these are more or less the same cranks as those sold by FSA, Profile, and a variety of other brands. The carbonLord cranks are a good deal and I'm sure they are nice cranks but the guy seems a bit brash. Do a search on the rec.bicycles.marketplace for some history...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ca...ie=UTF-8&hl=en
    Long Live Long Rides

Shut Up, Legs!
    Mar 2004
    That was really nice of you to post that link. I'll bet the guy is foreign, and didn't realize the implication of writing those things. Or had a cold one in the left hand! I've met alot of people from distant lands who come off very cold and defensive. Big culture shock moving here. Like we were waiting for them; NOT! This looks like one of them.

Thanks again, and "Out you go!" Raining lightly here in Chi-town. So what. Do the miles!

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Carbon Lord used to be in chicago

I havent delt with him receintly but bought some stuff from him and sold some stuff to him in 1998 or 1999. Seemed nice enough and the transactions went smoothly.

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    I can put you in touch with carbonlord directly if you have questions.

he has had auctions on ebay recently, too, i think

mtbr member
    I remember that guy from the old mtbr marketplace years ago. He flooded the joint and had the same attitude. It's great he backs the product, but judging from his responses to everyone, he'll never have to warrenty anything because no one is evern going to buy his goods.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdog
    I remember that guy from the old mtbr marketplace years ago. He flooded the joint and had the same attitude. It's great he backs the product, but judging from his responses to everyone, he'll never have to warrenty anything because no one is evern going to buy his goods.
    Yep....CarbonLord, Chris Fox, D8. Back then the "Marketplace" really smoked. Now it pretty much sucks. 2 cents.