Beemer2
    Dec 2005

Can't get my crank out!

I have an '06 Jamis XLT which has a Truvativ GXP Giga-X-Pipe crankset and bottom bracket. All I am supposed to have to do to remove the cranks is take out the crankbolt in the non-drive side (8MM allen wrench), remove that crank, pull the drive side right on out the right side. It starts out like that but it feels like the axle is hanging onto a ledge when I try to get it out the right side. Is there something I am not doing?

POG
    Pudgy Old Guy
    May 2004

Probably just need to keep...

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer2
    I have an '06 Jamis XLT which has a Truvativ GXP Giga-X-Pipe crankset and bottom bracket. All I am supposed to have to do to remove the cranks is take out the crankbolt in the non-drive side (8MM allen wrench), remove that crank, pull the drive side right on out the right side. It starts out like that but it feels like the axle is hanging onto a ledge when I try to get it out the right side. Is there something I am not doing?
    working it out, wiggling it, tapping on the arm, etc. This is a very common thing I encounter when pulling an m960 xtr crank. There are some areas of tighter clearance I guess.

Beemer2
    Dec 2005
    I have wiggled and rolled and tapped on the axle using a wood block for over an hour. I guess I'm going to take it to the dealer and let him do it one time.

Thanks