Deere Rider

Can I find these odd-sized chainrings????

I have a confession to make. I realize that I previously posted a thread stating that I have the "perfect drivetrain" (in my opinion), but that may be a small lie. I thought it was perfect until another thread in this forum got me thinking--maybe I could improve on things just a bit. I am sure that anyone who bothers to take the time to read these forums will confess that perfect is never perfect and there is always something else you'd like to add to your highly modified piece of machinery!

My XT 751 cranks have the current standard 64X104mm BCD 4 bolt chainrings. I currently added a 20t granny ring from Action Tec giving me a 20-32-44 spread in front. I believe I would like to go 20-30-40 if I can find 104mm BCD chainrings in 30t and 40t configurations. I have found some 42t big rings but no 40t, and no 30t middle rings.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone make 30t and 40t chainrings with 104mm BCD????

mtbr member
    Ah, yes, I read your other post and understand your problem. It was dificult enough to find the 30's for 94 mm. They're even harder to find these days. I keep checking around every once in a while. I have found a source for 29's for the moment. I wish I had an answer for you. Good luck.

I've even been looking for a method to make (machine) 18 tooth grannys for the 54 mm bolt circle.

aloha,
    g

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    32t is as low as you can go.

Seems like every time the BCD "standard" changes the ring size choice is reduced.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common