formerly Giantxc

Campy flat bar controls

http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets....&cid=3&pid=207

Anybody try these on an MTB yet? I probably wouldn't buy them for my mountain bike, but it just made my decision for my CX bike that much more difficult!

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Why For A Cyclocross bike?

What would be the point of flat bars on a 'cross bike?

I'm sure they're awesome. The only drawback is you have to run a 10 spd rear setup. 9spds have proven to be not so good in the off road world, so I can't see 10 as being too good either.
    Also you would have to run canti brakes, which some people would see as a drawback. I personally love them.

formerly Giantxc
    Same as on an MTB - better control in tight sections. I also currently run a flat bar set up on my city commuter road bike too and don't have any problems with it. I've ridden drops before and have mixed feelings about them.

That said, for the cross bike I'm actually going to be starting with On-One midge dirt drops, which use traditional road levers, but was going to avoid campy in case I wind up not liking drops. Starting with canti's but may eventually move to Avid road disc brakes if the UCI ever gets their head out of their collective a$$es and gets rid of the stupid no disc brake rule.

I've never had a problem with Shimano 9 speed off road. The 8spd stuff on my commuter is no better and no worse. It may wear out a bit quicker, but I usually get a year out of a chain and cassette unless I race during flood warnings (like this spring).

mtbr member
    Here is mine Bling-bling 1989 Ritchey AscentComp with full 10*2 speed Campagnolo Chorus, Centaur, Veloce and Record group. Hubas are MTB Hügis and cassette is a Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28. Chain SRAM 1070. For is the Mag 21. Nice, one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. Feels my Yeti Road project with Campagnolo Record group and Hügi hubs.

More images http://www.flickr.com/photos/9839833...7622004280595/