mtbr member
    May 2005

Cable Slack In Shifter Pods

I keep getting loads of slack in my shifters, the thumb triggers flop about and I have to jiggle them to get the shifter to engage. I don't think its ice as it happened in the summer - the cables are pretty new - so its not that. Is it as simple as the pods are worn out?
    I ride a FSR 1999 with a few upgrade here and there (new skareb fork) but its very well maintained by me - this is the only issue with this awsome bike.
    I would also like to get a new busing kitfor the rear suspension as it pretty worn & sloppy...any ideas where?

Willy
    "Talkin' part's done boys"

Don't touch me!
    Sounds like the ratcheting mech is gummed up. After a while the factory lube loses some of its "liquidy" qualities, causing the gumming and resulting in crappy engagement. If that's the case, spray some more lube in there.

I used wd40 last year and it brought my shifters back to life; some will say you probably shouldn't use wd40 b/c it isn't a lube. Probably should use a light liquid based lube. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by beeristasty; 12-07-2005 at 05:56 PM.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]