ground hugger

Cable positioning, routing, length etc.

I am about to build my first custom and have purchased various exotic cable systems (powerlines, rollamagig and full metal jackets) to be used together.

I need some tips and good quality pics of cable placement, length, and positioning.

Any takers?

thanks.

All 26.5" all the time!
    http://sheldonbrown.com/cables.html

..it's all you need to know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mizunole
    I am about to build my first custom and have purchased various exotic cable systems (powerlines, rollamagig and full metal jackets) to be used together.

I need some tips and good quality pics of cable placement, length, and positioning.

Any takers?

thanks.
    You cannot be helped unless you provide a picture or a description of the bike you have. Almost every frame requires different cable routing due to where the cables go (top tube vs down tube) or the type of bike it is (rigid vs FS vs HT).
    There is no added value to my participation - in fact, just more confusion.

ground hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead
    You cannot be helped unless you provide a picture or a description of the bike you have. Almost every frame requires different cable routing due to where the cables go (top tube vs down tube) or the type of bike it is (rigid vs FS vs HT).
    Fetish Cycles D&S hardtail. I was primarily concerned with how much full lentgh mechanical disc routing, slack around corners etc,

Thanks for the response

Th

..probably out riding..
    Aug 2004
    Make sure you follow the instructions exactly on setting up the Aztec's housing, do it wrong and they will work worse than a kmart cable.

ground hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyBiker
    Make sure you follow the instructions exactly on setting up the Aztec's housing, do it wrong and they will work worse than a kmart cable.
    any specific concerns? You sound like you have some experience.

..probably out riding..
    Aug 2004
    Just follow the instructions exactly. It's been a long time, but I remember if you don't do exactly what they tell you they will shift like cr*p and cause shifting probs.