mtbr member

Broken X9 trigger shifter, fixable?

I crashed yesterday and broke the barrel adjuster on my rear x9 trigger shiffer.

I haven't had a chance to take it off and get a better look, but the silver/metal part the black barrel adjuster screws onto broke off the main body of the shifter.

I'm not sure if this part is somehow attached to the main body where it's replaceable, or is permanently fixed.

Anyone know? Or I am screwed and have to buy another shifter now?

Thanks.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    if the shifter body is intact, then you should be able to extract the remainder of the barrel adjuster.
    I think you can get the barrel adjuster as a sram spare part in the small parts catalog.

with some spares though, it can be cheaper/more cost effective to find a second hand shifter to use as a donor.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i crashed the other day too, and broke the housing on my x9 shifter, I picked a new 2008 x9 front shifter on ebay for 35 bucks....not bad and just as easy to replace...I am riding again now

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slidecontrol
    if the shifter body is intact, then you should be able to extract the remainder of the barrel adjuster.
    I think you can get the barrel adjuster as a sram spare part in the small parts catalog.

with some spares though, it can be cheaper/more cost effective to find a second hand shifter to use as a donor.

Thanks for the tip, I was able to get the remaining part of the adjuster out of the body, and the shop's got a new barrel adjustment assembly on order for me.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.