Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

braze-on Derailleur reach loger out?

894 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Baltazar 
#1 ·
anyone that know if a braze-on Derailleur with clamp get longer out from the seat tube then a Derailleur with clamp? the reason i ask is becouse i have a dura ace from tripple 9 speed and is a "clamp version" and it will not reach out to get the chain on the biggest chainring.

sorry for my poor english, hope you understand what i ment.

#6 ·
the thing is i am running 2 rings, 42/30, thats why i was wonder why it not will work, have seen alot of other peoples get it to work with 2 chainrings even if they use a crankset with chainlines that are worse then my chainline that i have now. but al i have seen have used braze-on, thats why i was wondering if there was some diffrents.

#8 · (Edited)
hmm, have have seen this setup with a xtr crankset, and that one they just had removed the granny, nothing else. has campagnolo a diffrent spec. on there front Derailleur?

other thing i was thinking on was that FSA has a 2x9 crankset, a real dual crankset, and that one hat 50 mm in chainline. so what´s the diffrent that do that my combination doesn´t work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.