mtbr member

Bontrager Race Lite GXP crankset?

Anyone have or had this crankset? I won a brandnew set with BB for $51 shipped and was wondering if I got a decent deal. I couldn't find much info on this model.

Here are some pics...

Former Bike Wrench
    Its comparable to a Truvativ Stylo 3.3 as Truvativ makes the Bontrager cranksets

$51 shipped is a nice deal on a crankset that is selling around $125 (for the Stylo 3.3) on most online shops

mtbr member
    Nice. I'm putting more money into my 1x1/650b build, and just wanted to get an upgrade for my Alpine Trail since the stockers are heavy with riveted rings. Love to hear some other thoughts on them also. Thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by trrubicon06
    Nice. I'm putting more money into my 1x1/650b build, and just wanted to get an upgrade for my Alpine Trail since the stockers are heavy with riveted rings. Love to hear some other thoughts on them also. Thanks
    I have a set of Truvativ FireX GXP (same design and BB but slightly cheaper 6000 series aluminum arms) and they have held up fine for a year now. Truvativ rings shift good...not Shimano good...but close. I would recommend using blue loctite 242 on the crank arm bolt threads instead of grease and torquing to Truvativ specs. Let them sit overnight and you shouldn't have any issues with the crankarm coming loose.