mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Blackspire Blackstop vs Jumpstop?

i can't decide on which to get for the inside of the chainring.... anyone have feelings for or against either piece?

thanks

edit: i guess it is called a blackguard.... just typing faster than thinking.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    The N-gear page gives some very good advice as to the pros and cons of different designs.

Jumpstop won't work with some full suspension designs.

Anyone know where to get a Blackguard besides Ride-This (who have some bad reviews) and Universal (who are out of 'em)?

bang
    well, the n-gear is lighter and cheaper for starters.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i ordered a blackguard from ride-this with no problems on the order..... the problem was the blackguard. it did not fit my bike because it kept hitting my frame. i cut it down a little, and it still hit. the only possible way to get it to fit would be to cut it down shorter than the 32t middle ring, which would defeat the purpose...... i have a cannondale f300...... must be a tight frame or something.....

i guess i'll just leave the derailure on and use it as a chainguide for now............

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    My N-gear Jumpstop has worked just fine on several full suspension frames with no problems.
    Niner Jet9

Niner Air9

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

N-Gear Jumpstop

Quote Originally Posted by tolleyman
    My N-gear Jumpstop has worked just fine on several full suspension frames with no problems.
    Same here, I recently installed a Jumpstop on my '06 Giant Anthem, and it works great. I held off on buying two as I figured it was too simple to actually work like I hoped, but I'll definitely be getting one for my other fully shortly.

It's so simple and works so well - what a concept!