RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

best derailleur cable

I need to replace my rear derailluer cable, any suggestions? I'd like to go with something very high quality, needs to be durable for DH racing.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Phil from San Diego
    I switched to XTR and it's smooth! As far as durability for DH riding... *shrug* Maybe something from Avid or Jagwire?

Phil.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    I need to replace my rear derailluer cable, any suggestions? I'd like to go with something very high quality, needs to be durable for DH racing.
    Jagwire teflon cable. It rocks.

BUt as the other poster said, maybe Avid's Flak Jacket would be nice. The housing is more important than the cable itself.
    Check my Site

mtbr remember
    I've often often wondered what the Nokon or Aztec segmented stuff is like, but just never felt the need to drop like 4-5 times the amount I really need on cables and housing. Maybe one of these days?
    but then again, this is coming from a guy who is just using the cheap QBP stuff on my DH rig.. I have the XTR sis stuff on my NRS and I honestly can't tell the difference. I don't shift that much on my Turner anyway, and I needed to run full housing, so the XTR won't work since it doesn't supply long enough sections of cable housing to do this.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm running the Nokons and really like them. They need to be cleaned and relubed about once a year but it's not really a big deal