mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Best chain guide for two chainrings?

I have been dropping my chain lately on some downhills and some jumps. So when I need to climb or pedal again I find my chain has fallen off. I ride technical rocks and agressive XC and like to climb the steep stuff. Can anyone reccommend a good chain guide that will keep my chain in place yet retain my ability to pedal in a granny gear? I am looking into e.thirteen, and possibly MRP. Any suggestions? Thanks...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raegeno
    I have been dropping my chain lately on some downhills and some jumps. So when I need to climb or pedal again I find my chain has fallen off. I ride technical rocks and agressive XC and like to climb the steep stuff. Can anyone reccommend a good chain guide that will keep my chain in place yet retain my ability to pedal in a granny gear? I am looking into e.thirteen, and possibly MRP. Any suggestions? Thanks...
    E-13 DRS seems to be the favorite. MRP LRP will get the job done but the bashgaurd is on the thin side. A light weight option that will also allow for using a triple ring is the Heim guide. E-13 $110, MRP $85 & Heim $60.

mtbr member
    MRP LRP.

It's one of the best dual chain ring guides i've used.
    The bashring is thin as a rotor, more of a chain retention ring than a bashring really.

If you want system with a beefy bashring, then go Evil. That lexan plexi stuff is bullit proof, literally.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    ghetto cheapie route, with the disclaimer of *this works very well on my hardtail, but may not dos o well on a fully, with rear bike end motion* so take it for what it's worth.

already had the bash ring, and drivetrain setup, but wanted something i could easily put on and take off, to run on lift assist and shuttle run days. not somethig i'musing all the time. been used for one day at keystone, one urban play day, and two local trail days. no dropped chain so far. takes me 5 minutes or less to put on.

$19 NOS kore chain reactor zip tied to the stay. a few online places have them for pretty cheap. works great so far! get a bashring for the outside, and then one of these. cheap, easy, light. nothing to really break. out of the way. but again, may not work if you have a fully.

if i were to spend $$$ on one, for my hardtail, i'd go with the minimal heim guide. http://montaramtb.com/Products/3Guide/3Guide.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

very interesting.....

And cheap.......

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    E13 Drs!!!
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661