my church is the woods

Bent my PD-M540 Pedal spindle

Had these Shimano pedals about 4 months, and notices when I took them off yesterday that the right one is going up and down as I'm unthreading it from the crank. I tried them on a different crank and same issue. It still spins smooth and looks like new. I ride xc with them and weigh 165 lbs.
    Anyone else ever have this issue with these pedals? Are the spindles replaceable?

Former Bike Wrench
    Spindles are replaceable and that should be covered under warranty

29 some of the time...
    Should be covered is different than will be covered. Shimano warranty has been a real pain the last couple of times I tried to get warranty. Currently I am waiting to get a rotor back from them. It has about .004" of thickness variation, so it tugs on the brakes as it goes around. Guess what, they decided it wasn't an issue. Weird.

Moonraker, that is an odd one. I am 240lb and have been beating on a pair of 540s for about 4 years without so much as a change of grease. Definitely swing the offending pedal by your local shop so they can at the least try to get Shimano to warranty the spindle.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Uncle
    Yeah, I'm still riding my original set of M540s from 2004, plus another pair I bought two years ago. I'm ~195 loaded and have something like 5,000 miles on the first set. I regrease them every other year, but that's it.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.