The Riddler

bent crank bros. eggbeater wings...

anyone have difficulty (near impossibility) clipping into 2 out of the 4 engagement points due to what appears to be bent wings on cb eggs? the other 2 are straight and not a problem to clip in to. anyone have this happen and find a way to fix it? thinking about trying to bend em back but want to see what other people have to say before i get the crowbar out...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    anyone have difficulty (near impossibility) clipping into 2 out of the 4 engagement points due to what appears to be bent wings on cb eggs? the other 2 are straight and not a problem to clip in to. anyone have this happen and find a way to fix it? thinking about trying to bend em back but want to see what other people have to say before i get the crowbar out...
    Try calling Crank Bros, their customer service is pretty good.

Dirt Eater
    Jan 2005
    My buddy bent one of the wings on his Candys. Uses em on his road bike now. For $50 he got a new set. I think he tried to bend em back, but they didnt wanna budge. I think of it as a flaw in the design. I can smack the crap out of my Times and they just get a dent in the aluminum.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigC
    ...I think of it as a flaw in the design. I can smack the crap out of my Times and they just get a dent in the aluminum.
    I do not think so. I have been using 'beaters since they came out. Whacked the heck out of them on rocks, logs and general crashes without bending anything.
    Anything can bend/break under the right/wrong circumstances.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mechmann_mtb
    the wife broke one of the wings on her Candy pedal. sent it back to crank bros and they rebuilt/fixed it for little/no cost. crank bros customer service is way above par.