mtbr member

Bearings for Time ATAC XS?

Does anybody know where to find replacement bearings for Time ATAC XS pedals? I talked with the guys at Universal Cycles about their Enduro kit, but as near as either of us could tell, this was a replacement set for the older style ATACs. They looked through their catalog from Time & couldn't find any bearing kits (they found just about every other part to rebuild them).

I replaced the bearings about 18 months ago through an LBS (since outta business), and the pedals have now developed a lot of play. I'm thinking it's 'time' again, but I'd just as soon do it myself. Anyone know where to buy them?

Thanks!

local trails rider
    Have you checked the Time USA distributors?
    http://www.time-sport.com/us/home.htm

mtbr member

Time's website is only slightly better than Rockshox's

The Time website has pretty much no useful info. The best you can get is:
    http://www.time-sport.com/pdf/not/xsalium.pdf which amounts to instructions for mounting cleats to shoes. Umm, thanks Time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Resource for finding bearing sizes used in bikes

Boca Bearings List the bearings used in bikes - use advanced search under manufacturer & model search - select bicycle kits.....

Or just enter the following in search & hit submit.

You shd find kit #BRK-027C-YS/C3 for this. This is a kit for 2 brgs 608 size 8x22x7.

Good idea to make sure that the brg that you are removing matches with the ones that you are buying.

mtbr member

Expensive bearings!

Thanks for the link. I saw this the other day when I was looking, but didn't understand how to get the detailed information on sizes (608--8x22x7).

I'm not all that hip on spending $35 on ceramic bearings for a set of pedals, but this should at least tell me what I'm looking for.

Muchas gracias!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Regular 608 brg

Sure - undertstandable. Try the MR608-2RS (8x22x7) $ 3.75 each free shipping no minimums

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The bearings listed by bearing man, are for the old Time ATAC...not the newer Time ATAC XS. I just took delivery of 2 sets and they are clearly too large.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    For time ATAC XS you are looking at: 6mm x 15mm x 5mm

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Spork n' Beans View Post
    I replaced the bearings about 18 months ago through an LBS (since outta business), and the pedals have now developed a lot of play. I'm thinking it's 'time' again, but I'd just as soon do it myself. Anyone know where to buy them?

Thanks!
    um...wow!

just a thought, is the black plastic end cap loose?

or the tan colored sleeves worn?

I have some sleeves if so.