mtbr member
    Apr 2012

bb30 2x10 to 1x10 or new crank for all mountain ride i need a chainguide and guard.

Hi I have a cannondale claymore and it has an fsa 386 2x10 crankset with 3 mounting bolts. Well I keep droping my chain so i need a chainguide and id like to go 1x10 as well and save some weight, but I dont know where to start, should i get a new crank or can i make this work, id like to go to a lighterweight 1x10 setup with a chainguide and tensioner, And not pay out a million dollars. Thanks guys for your help and looking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    can someone help me so i can replace this crankset i have now. Here is what i need. I need chain retention/protection as i do more dh/fr then xc on this bike, and id like to have 1x10 set up with a bb30 bottom bracket. please help me get this, for what ever reason i cant grasp the drivechain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    anyone?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I am interested in same topic, any old post out there you can point us to?

mtbr member
    Have you tried running a clutch derailleur as well? If I were you, I'd try one of those first and see if it helps with your chain retention. That way, if it does work, you won't have had to outlay as much, and if it doesn't help much, then a clutch derailleur is still very handy to have if you go 1x10.
    As far as chain guides go, you may need to get something like an E13 XCX with seat tube mount, given that you have a bb30. I'm not too sure as to whether you can use you your current crankset, as I've no experience with 2 ring setups. I know when I went 1x10 with my XT cranks, it was a case of removing the rings and putting a dedicated single ring chainring in place of the middle ring.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!