mtbr member

bashguard question

I have SLX cranks and ordered a straightline bashguard.Will it work? Are bash guards interchangable?
    Last edited by Moodrid; 03-30-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    09 Ventana El Bastardo 650b
    10 Banshee Viento

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodrid
    I have SLX cranks and ordered a straightline bashguard.Will it work? Are bash gurds interchangable?
    Usually, as long as the BCD matches.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Yes, the guard you bought should work. I looked up Straightline's bashguard. They list it only in the 104 BCD, and that's what your SLX cranks use.

Glad you asked the question too, because it reminded me that I've been wanting to try one of Straightline's so-called "Inner Plates".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    Yes, the guard you bought should work. I looked up Straightline's bashguard. They list it only in the 104 BCD, and that's what your SLX cranks use.

Glad you asked the question too, because it reminded me that I've been wanting to try one of Straightline's so-called "Inner Plates".
    Thx for the answer.
    09 Ventana El Bastardo 650b
    10 Banshee Viento

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick

Called and talked to him about there "inner plates". Said they're scraping that design and going to a "pac man" style. Said it should be out in the near future.