mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Bash Guard Question

Hi

I wanna get rid of the biggest ring and replace it with a bash guard instead since i don't usually use it. is there any special tool in replacing it ? do I need to dis assemble the whole crank ? and what about the FD how will it affect that kind a set up ? do I need a new FD ? or should I just take it to my LBS and let them do the job ?

Thank you for any suggestion and help.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    This depends on your cranks, what make and model are they? You may need a crank puller or maybe just allen wrenches. The big ring is easy, just unbolt it and bolt the bash guard in it's place. You need to get the right bolt pattern and size for your crank and you will probably need a http://www.parktool.com/products/det...6&item=CNW%2D2

to remove and install the chain ring bolts.

Don't move the front deraileur just adjust the outward stop screw so it dosn't shift off the the middle ring.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the respond,
    I still have the stock cranks - i have the Specialized enduro expert - cranks is the Specialized Strongarm 7050 with XT spline.

but I will try what you just told me.

Thanks Again

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I know the old XT cranks had self extracting bolts to remove the cranks, hopefully yours do too.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.