Boriqua Puneta

Anyone have experience with the e thirteen xcx-st and LG1+

I just converted My Pivot 5.7 to a single 32T X10 unramped raceface chain ring. I went on my first ride and I dropped the chain a few times. Im looking for a light weight chain guide that would keep my chain in place. I dont do any crazy jumps but I do like to go fast on choppy stuff. Both of the time I dropped my chain were in fast and choppy sections. Im looking at the e thirteen xcx-st. I also saw the LG1+ which weights double the grams but offers a better coverage against chain drops. My concern is that the LG1+ might add resistance against pedaling. Any feedback is helpfull. Thanks
    Only type of shuttle I ride....the ambulance!

mtbr member
    Depends on what you want. The XCX (which I have on my 1x10 HT) is your more XC oriented upper guide. You will still drop the chain, but this will happen far less. It is painful when it does drop and goes down the side, as you then have to dismantle the guide to get the chain back up to the ring. This does not happen often.

The LG1+ is your full guide with integrated taco/bash protection (I have on my trail bike) . Resistance is marginal, but you have full protection.

I am not sure if you are concerned by weight (you did mention the grams). To me, this is crazy. For minimal extra weight, you have security and will not be stopping to remount your chain. The LG1 will also offer more protection for your chainring. It is the way I would go for the style of riding you described.

Boriqua Puneta
    I just ordered the MRP Lopes SL Pinkbike Product Picks - Pinkbike. Seems like its the best of both worlds. I dont do anything to crazy where I have ever needed a bash guard but yeah I decided to get something that covers both the top and bottom of the chainring. Hopefully this will make it perfect.

mtbr member
    When you have had a chance to ride with it let us know how it went..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boriqua Puneta
    I decided to go with the MRP Lopez. Its lighter cause it doesnt have a bash guard which I dont need for my style of riding. Im going for a ride today. Ill post soon