mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Anyone ever seen these?

I have been contemplating new pedals for my bike and have no experience, so I am looking for a little help. I have read that for a mountain bike some good things to look for are sealed bearings and replaceable pins. I came across these on ebay and was wondering if anyone had ever seen them, used them or heard about them.

The specs are as follows:

Platform are made of 7075 Anodized Aluminum Alloy, CNC machined
    CR-MO SPINDLE, 3 Sealed Bearings in each pedal make them very durable
    Wide Platform design for superior foot support
    Replaceable pins provide good traction during riding
    Size: 95mm* 83mm* 28mm(thickness including the pins)
    Approximate Weight: 142g* 2

Here is a link:

J&L Mountain bike pedals-CNC-Superlight(142g* 2)-fit MTB,FR,BMX&DH-Chrome | eBay

What are some other good flat pedals for a similar cost? Thanks a bunch for any advice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Seem pretty good.

Got them yesterday. Shipping took a month...seller only shipped a week after payment and the chinese post is crap( posted from mainland china even though seller claims being Taiwanese...).

Cons:

1. They spin real smooth, which is either a con for finding a fast footing when you need it or a pro for the 3 sealed bearings...your choice. Can't comment on bearings seal quality or durability however.
    2. Small in comparison to most platforms. But If you get along with the plastic pedals that come with most entry level bikes they'll suit just fine.
    3. Have to make sure the side bolts are tightened good or they wobble on the axles. Might become an issue on the long term. Almost lost one that fell off, luckily it was a trip to the hardware store so managed to find it before it was cleaned away.
    4. Both platforms are the same looking like right side pedals with axles for L&R. No biggie, but annoyed the living hell out of me at first.

Pros:

1. Look plenty sturdy. Haven't had a chance to hammer em yet, but they look very well made and strong.
    2. The platform is concave and gives good support( as long as your feet are not too big). The installed 6 pins stick to my Teva Pinners real good. For trail riding and light AM they work.
    3. Cheap in comparison to anything not on clearance.
    4. Light! Pedals aren't exactly the best place to try saving weight and whomever has any benefit from losing 100-200gr also has the budget(or their sponsors) for much better options(probably clipless), but for amateur platform weight weenies it is a good deal lighter than most other options.
    5. As long as you forget your left pedal is backwards they look pretty good.

That's my review. There are other options out there, but these are pretty solid for the $. Might update if they show extreme survivability or die prematurely.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I just ordered a pair. It will probably be a month or so before I get them. I was looking for a decent pair of low profile pedals with removable pins and I happen to come across these. They are at least half the price of anything else that (might) meet my specifications. I'm using them to commute in heavy traffic though, so I'll more than likely be happy with them as long as they aren't flimsy. If these work out, I will probably order another pair for my other bike.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → В А

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I purchased months ago whith funny story. He delivered same shape for both (shape should be oposit like mirror image) and I argued pretty interestingly. Finally he supplied another shape free. I ran daily commuting and some tracking. Feels fretty good by now. Smooth enough, sturdy enough. I haven't smashed yet (should I ? haha) So I don't know how strong it is yet. Design is not prettier than others and number of pins are not many but not bad. If with 2 more pind on side it might be even better but.
    Overall, I think one of the best buy for not too tough riding. Proce is reasonable also as I'm always think others are charging too much. Ha Ha.

wyrd bi ful rd
    I am quite impressed that you were able to convince the seller to send out another shape just so that both your pedals are symmetrical, whilst installed. I am a bit OCD and it would have done my head-in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    how are these holding up? pretty interested in purchasing one myself