Elitest thrill junkie

Anyone ever notice how you can't really unclip from mallets when

you try to turn your heel inward?

I finally dumped the CB mech today for some new 545s...which seems to be the pedal of choice for me throughout the years.

I can't believe how much easier it is to get out of them since I can get out "both" ways again. Hopefully there'll be less stupid slow-speed crashes with these. The lack of "heel in" release with the crank brothers has screwed me up quite a few times.

Maybe it's a limitation of my shoes, but I've owned 3 different pairs of shoes since I've been using these things. The sheered axle made the decision to move on easy enough for me (I've broken 2 axles, bent one, bent the mech a few times, on all the CBs I've owned).

I did a ride today and I feel like I am finally "set free". Feels so nice to unclip for a turn and then just have to put my shoe on the pedal without having to try and "roll" my foot forward into the mechanism.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jayem; 06-29-2006 at 10:18 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Not a big fan of crank brothers pedals. I have a set of Candys with a sheared axle(pedalling uphill) that have an RA number and are waiting to be sent back. Busted them three months ago. I am in no rush to send them in or get them back. SPDs for me...have never let me down.
    I am immune to your disdain.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I have never been able to click out of any pedal by moving heel in except in a crash. Just not the way my body moves.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I have never been able to click out of any pedal by moving heel in except in a crash. Just not the way my body moves.
    It doesn't happen often, but when it does, my CBs don't let me do it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.