Zero Miles from Myself

New question here. Anyone Ever Hear of Jig-A-Loo Lube - Yes it's Real

I was in the Auto Parts store today and was going to pick up some WD40. I use it to clean parts and my hands. They were out, but had this stuff I never heard of ... Jig-A-Loo. The ad said it could be used anywhere WD40 is used, but that it contiained no oil, grease or wax. hmmmm ....

Got it home and it was NOT like WD40 at all. It would not clean my hands.

The product is stated to be:
    A silicone-based lubricant that can be used to lube just about anything that you might lube with WD-40. It is marketed as the alternative to other household lubricants in that it contains no oil, grease, wax or detergent and will not stain or drip. It's also colorless, odorless and non-stick. It can be used on wood, metal, plastic, leather, and fabrics.
    Apparently it has been around for a while (I did a web search on it), but has not been available to consumers until the last few years.

I was wondering has anyone else heard of it? I put it on my chains today after cleaning them. The stuff is not oily at all, so if it "Lubes" it will be a nice alternative. Their web site says it can be used on Bike Chains, so we will see.

Let me know if you have had experience with it.

http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_uses_outdoor.php

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Best way to keep hands clean - at least this is what I do when working on the cars....

Get a tub of the Lava Hand Soap. The kind that does not need water to be used. Actually any no-water soap will work.

*BEFORE* you work on the car, rub some on your hands. Pay special attention to the nailbeds. It will take a minute for your hands to get over the slippery feel, but after that, work away.

Wash your hands with the same stuff afterwards. Or use Latex/Nitrile gloves.

I saw Jigaloo at Home Despot yesterday. I skipped over it and am trying the PB Blaster TDL (TeflonDryLube).

Let us know how your experience goes on the chain.
    I am not mtbbill - but I wish I was! http://www.mountainbikebill.com/