mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Any news on SRAM's X9/X0 11 speed?

Didn't know if anyone had any insider info or news about this. My bikepacking bike needs this I'm OK with the cost of the shifter and crank (and already have those in and waiting), but would love a cheaper and heavier rear derailleur and cassette.

If it's going to be end of summer, I can wait, but if it's not going to be until the winter/next year I guess I'll go ahead and get the rear der/cassette now. I hate front shifters/derailleurs more than $600

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Didn't know if anyone had any insider info or news about this. My bikepacking bike needs this I'm OK with the cost of the shifter and crank (and already have those in and waiting), but would love a cheaper and heavier rear derailleur and cassette.

If it's going to be end of summer, I can wait, but if it's not going to be until the winter/next year I guess I'll go ahead and get the rear der/cassette now. I hate front shifters/derailleurs more than $600
    SRAM To Introduce X0 1x11 Drivetrain For 2014 | Cyclingnews.com

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Oh wow BruceBrown, looks like you just beat me to it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ha! Press Release = May 14th. Guess I had good timing in my question.

So if they are saying it's a "2014" release, that means it won't be available until this winter kind of like XX1.

Hmm, guess I'll go ahead and get an XX1 derailleur and just swap out the rear wheel from bike to bike when I need to.

-Tom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Ha! Press Release = May 14th. Guess I had good timing in my question.

So if they are saying it's a "2014" release, that means it won't be available until this winter kind of like XX1.

Hmm, guess I'll go ahead and get an XX1 derailleur and just swap out the rear wheel from bike to bike when I need to.

-Tom
    Pretty sure I had my hands on the sram Type 2 "2013" edition in June of 2012, So this stuff may be closer then we think. Will be fricken awesome!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Late summer would not suck. I found a $200 deal on the rear der so I went and pulled the trigger. Fixed the X0/X9 won't be that much less money.

IMHO where the REAL savings will be is the cassette. At a $425 MSRP and a $340 "real price" it's expensive. If they make a multi piece, maybe screwed together, but heavier cassette for let's say $150 "real price", knock $50 off the rear der and shifter with some feature removal and weight addition and suddenly BAM.

Shifter $125
    Cassette $150
    Rear Der $150
    Chain - $40
    Crank - $220

And you suddenly have 1x11 for $700 "real price". I can't imagine why everyone wouldn't be on 1x11 then

-Tom