mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Any light weight direct mounted chain keeper in place of frt der?

I'm build up a Pivot 429 with a 1x9 drive train and I need a inside chain keeper. I've been using a jump stop on my hard tail but due to the 429 frame design it doesn't have a seat "tube" to clamp the n-gear jump stop to.

I'll be running a light weight bash ring for outer chain protection and retention.
    Last edited by Vortechcoupe; 03-11-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Title edit

mtbr member
    An e-type won't mount to a 429 either...there aren't any BB cups.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    E type refers to how the front der mounts, as in it has two bolts that screw into the frame. So what I'm looking for is an inside guide that bolts to where the frt dérailleur would normaly mount.

I've seen the ones that mount in place of the drive side bb cup spacer. But like you said there are not screw in bb cups. So no spacer of course.

mtbr member
    You can always make one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any light weight direct mounted chain keeper in place of frt der?-image-009.jpg  

Any light weight direct mounted chain keeper in place of frt der?-image-012.jpg  

Any light weight direct mounted chain keeper in place of frt der?-image-019.jpg  

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortechcoupe
    E type refers to how the front der mounts, as in it has two bolts that screw into the frame. So what I'm looking for is an inside guide that bolts to where the frt dérailleur would normaly mount.

I've seen the ones that mount in place of the drive side bb cup spacer. But like you said there are not screw in bb cups. So no spacer of course.
    ETypes go behing the BB cup as Berkley posted. What you are talking about is DMD (Direct Mount Derailleur) and I haven't seen any guide that uses this mount type.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I've seen an inner bash ring that mounts in place of the granny gear. That might work if it clears the chainstay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    This cost next to nothing and is/should work ok. Might bend the top of the washer over the chain some more but i'll see how it goes as is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any light weight direct mounted chain keeper in place of frt der?-img_0050.jpg