Off the saddle

Any 200 lbs/91kg riders on Middleburn RS8 (flex issues)?

Did my search and found very few reviews on the RS8 crankarm setup especially with heavier riders. I made a post a few days ago asking about the ISIS drive vs X-Type but it drifted off unanswered. This is more specific towards the RS8 and stiffness.
    I snagged a Crank Bros Cobalt Ti BB so I'm set on ISIS now.

With that said, any 200+ pound riders run the RS8 without any flex issues? A few said no problems, a few said flexy. The ones that said they were flexy didn't really specify their RTR weight.
    The RS7 would naturally be plan B which has decent reviews.

FWIW, I'm going with a Duo setup..Just trying to really decide RS7 or RS8.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I weigh about 190 fully geared up and didn't feel any noticeable flex with my ISIS RS8 setup. I think if there's any doubt in your mind, go for the RS7. Better warranty and only a few more grams. I've FINALLY excepted the fact that I'm not light enough to run uber light components and my peace of mind while riding is well worth the extra couple hundred grams I'm now pedaling around

Off the saddle
    Thanks for the reply. I've been shedding my weight weekly at a healthy pace so when I'm done with my build in about a month or two, I SHOULD be around 185-190 pounds without gear which is my goal. I don't want to be over 200 fully geared up.
    But I agree with your assessment. If there's any doubt, go with the RS7. I checked my spec sheet and using both known weights of the RS7 and RS8, I don't think it's going to make an overall (perceived) difference.