mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Aerozine 2X Cranks

I just installed these and they look nice! This is the first bling item that I have owned on a bike so I feel like I need to get them dirty soon. I like the fact that it has an adaptor where the pedals screw in where you can run either 170/175 & 172.5. They came with 40/27 chainrings but I am old so I replaced with 32/22 for a hilly race this weekend.

I hope to ride tomorrow to break them in. I still need to install my KMC chain.

Details an pics below.

Aerozine X12-SL-A2D Double Crankset 40/27T 10 Speed
    Fantastic quality and light weight double chainset, only 670g in weight, lighter and stiffer than some of the big brands with a superb quality finish and 100% CNC machined 7075 Aluminium chainrings
    Forged al-7050 B.B. axle
    Crank Construction: AL-7050T6 B.B. axle Integrated crankset
    Bolt Circle Diameter: 104 / 64 mm Chainring set 44-27T
    Chainring bolts: Alloy/Stainless
    Crank Arm Length: 170/175 & 172.5 mm (ALS Ajustable Length System)
    Crank Arm: Forged al-6066T6
    Weight: 44T/670g +/- 10g (not incl. BB)
    BB Shell Width: 73/68mm
    Chainline: 48mm Q-Factor 168mm

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Congrats! I'm using these myself now. Just my 2 cents worth:-

1) They're flexy (I don't really care much cos my main aim is weight weenism)
    2) Treat the BB like a baby in the intensive care unit. These have extremely short lifespan. Mine died after 8 months, went to the LBS and he was asking "Would these happen to be about 6 months old? I'm not surprised cos I've seen a few 6 month old ones coming in for replacement!" My advice, slap on lots of grease, regularly cleaning and absolutely NO water (Or mud) in there. If the inevitable happens, keep the cups and replace with SKP bearings (I got this tip from another forum).

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. How often would you recommend to remove and re-grease the bb? With your advice above I might have to do it once every weekend.