mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Adjusting X.7 Derailluer......need some help!

Hey guys,

My brothers bike is setup with X.7 stuff. He was complaining of shifting issues so I figured I'd check it out. He did bend the hanger a little bit but I think I got it strightened out.

Problem is I don't think the Low (or L) screw does anything. I don't have much in the way of adjustment in that screw. So far I got the bike shifting OK up to the last (going from small to bigger ring) 2-3 rings on the back. It may just be a cheap chain but I swapped out the Sun-Race JUJU cassette for a LX one to see if it would help any (it did, but not a ton).

If it's riding rough on the larger rings in the cassette what should I look for? I've always setup new stuff from Shimano and it's been a piece of cake. This isn't that hard either but his bike has full length housing (no regular cable stops) so I can't prestretch the cable or anything. I did get it shifting good enough just for the glitch I can't fix while shifting into like 7 to 8.

Any ideas??? He also has X.7 shifters as well if that helps any.

mtbr member
    Just installed an X.9 Rear Derailleur and X.7 Shifters - really liking it.

The adjustment knob is on the trigger shifter instead of on the Rear Derailleur (like Shimano). Rotate that know a click or two in either direction until you have smooth shifting throughout the gears.

Good luck.
    2015 Specialized Fat Boy Easton Carbon Seatpost X9 Triggers (future)
    2014 Specialized Crux Pro SRAM 2x10 Force, CG-R Post