Stray Bullet

750 XT shifters with 760 RD

I'm 100% positive these question have been asked before but I can't seem to find the answers...

I have a pair of 750 XT shifters. Will they work with a 760 RD? I believe they will shift opposite of what they did when I had a 750 RD.

Is the 760 RD worth $14.00 more than a 750 RD? Will the 760 shift any better going into the larger cogs?

Will a medium cage 760 RD work with a 11-34 cassette and 22-32-44 set-up?

Much mahalos ahead of time for the Shimano drivetrain experts!

Elitest thrill junkie
    That combo will work fine. Your shifting will be "reversed".

This allows easier shifts when going uphill, because the derailer spring works with you when you shift to an easier gear, rather than against you which is the tradtional way of doing it.

There's no way to know if a medium cage will work without knowing what kind of bike you have, because many suspension bikes take up a lot of chain slack when they move through the travel, and usually the only way to be 100% sure is to take off the shock and cycle the suspension with the chain in the largest cogs and rings.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Chrome Toaster
    It works just fine. It will run opposite of the 750 as you expect. The new 760 will be slightly better going into the bigger cogs, especially with 34t cassettes. Shimano optimized the new derailleurs to ride a little further back with less b-tension that previous generation models.

Stray Bullet
    Thanks guys.

The bike is a Yeti 575.