mtbr member
    Jan 2006

5-bolt, 94BCD, 29t

Anyone know where I can find one in the US? Starbike.com wants 30 Euros to ship a 29 Euro Specialites TA.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    You might try ordering them through cannondale, I know they used to make them under the coda brand, but not sure if they still do.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Times like this I'm glad I still own 5 NOS Coda ones.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I saw a 29T 94BCD go on ebay for $30USD plus shipping. So considering that its 30 euro shipped is not that bad.

Last month I was in the same situation you are in. The problem with compact is you really cannot find much in 26-30T and 36-40T and thats what you need. Often what you can find are the thicker stuff meant for SS and may not work well if you are doing a 9sp chain.

I ended up buying a 5arm Standard. Much better selection in that area. and glad I did before i started buying compact rings

You consider Middleburn? Awesome. they have a 30T which is close

http://www.middleburn.co.uk/chainrings_mtb.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande
    I saw a 29T 94BCD go on ebay for $30USD plus shipping. So considering that its 30 euro shipped is not that bad.
    I guess I wasn't clear. 29 Euros for the chainring plus 30 Euros for shipping. Nuts.

There was a guy on eBay last month selling 5 new FSA rings. I saw them one morning while at work and told myself I would check back later in the day when I had some more time. By the afternoon, they were all gone.

I've got a 32t Salsa SS ring on there at the moment, and it works fine with a 9sp chain, and I think they make a 30t. So, if my local Cannondale dealer or the shop that has the occasional specialty item can't help me, I'll probably go with that. I'll let you all know what they say.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande
    You missunderstood the OP. He said 30 euro for the shipping of a 29 euro chainring. So 59euro total.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Seeeriously easy Livin
    control tech may be another comany worth checking out they make a 2x9 crankset with a 29 tooth ring, sorry I'm not giving up my extra coda rings either.

jrm
    mtbr member

Call The Path Bike Shop

Quote Originally Posted by perioeci
    Anyone know where I can find one in the US? Starbike.com wants 30 Euros to ship a 29 Euro Specialites TA.
    888-608-PATH this is where i got mine.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    888-608-PATH this is where i got mine.
    Ritchey? Just got off the phone with them, that's all they have. If yours is a Ritchey, what material is it made from?

Still waiting to here back from one other shop.

Cannondale is out until June.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    perioeci, I know it isn't a 29T and probably doesn't help you, but Surly makes a 30T stainless steel 94 mm 5 arm ring that works with 9 speed chains if you are willing to give up a few gear inches.

jrm
    mtbr member

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by perioeci
    Ritchey? Just got off the phone with them, that's all they have. If yours is a Ritchey, what material is it made from?

Still waiting to here back from one other shop.

Cannondale is out until June.
    thats the one
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

xxcycle.com

Just ordered a Stronglight 29T from XXCycle.com in france. ~$30 + 8 shipping. Not cheap, but not 59EUR.

http://www.xxcycle.com/ox-094-and-xc...-2-csa,,en.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Turner
    Just ordered a Stronglight 29T from XXCycle.com in france. ~$30 + 8 shipping. Not cheap, but not 59EUR.

http://www.xxcycle.com/ox-094-and-xc...-2-csa,,en.php
    Thanks, ordered one a couple days ago.