mtbr member
    Apr 2008

3X9 to 2X10 Race face crank

Hey there,
    I have a 2009 Raceface Turbine 3X9 crank set and I was wondering if it just simply switching out chainrings would be the solution to my conversion. I just want to know if the spacing is going to be out of wack basically. I know that I want 40,28 chainrings and obviously Raceface sells them, but I didn't want to buy them with out being certain they are going to work. Not replacing the crankset would be ideal of course but I suppose I could spring for a newer version if need be. All of the research I have done has pointed me towards raceface mainly producing a 4 bolt design cranks and chainrings. So I just want to know if they will work out correctly.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Drew.

MarkyMark
    Swapping out your chain rings is the easy part. You need to make sure your shifter and FD are compatible with the 2x10 setup, even if you get a completely new set of cranks. The following thread has good info:

2x10 Crank with 9 speed setup

Quote Originally Posted by drewdoeboy View Post
    Hey there,
    I have a 2009 Raceface Turbine 3X9 crank set and I was wondering if it just simply switching out chainrings would be the solution to my conversion. I just want to know if the spacing is going to be out of wack basically. I know that I want 40,28 chainrings and obviously Raceface sells them, but I didn't want to buy them with out being certain they are going to work. Not replacing the crankset would be ideal of course but I suppose I could spring for a newer version if need be. All of the research I have done has pointed me towards raceface mainly producing a 4 bolt design cranks and chainrings. So I just want to know if they will work out correctly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the info. I think I have just decided to go ahead and just buy the new components, and do it the right way.