• 01-17-2013
    drewdoeboy
    3X9 to 2X10 Race face crank
    Hey there,
    I have a 2009 Raceface Turbine 3X9 crank set and I was wondering if it just simply switching out chainrings would be the solution to my conversion. I just want to know if the spacing is going to be out of wack basically. I know that I want 40,28 chainrings and obviously Raceface sells them, but I didn't want to buy them with out being certain they are going to work. Not replacing the crankset would be ideal of course but I suppose I could spring for a newer version if need be. All of the research I have done has pointed me towards raceface mainly producing a 4 bolt design cranks and chainrings. So I just want to know if they will work out correctly.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Drew.
  • 01-18-2013
    MarkMass
    Swapping out your chain rings is the easy part. You need to make sure your shifter and FD are compatible with the 2x10 setup, even if you get a completely new set of cranks. The following thread has good info:

http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-sh...up-666457.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewdoeboy View Post
    Hey there,
    I have a 2009 Raceface Turbine 3X9 crank set and I was wondering if it just simply switching out chainrings would be the solution to my conversion. I just want to know if the spacing is going to be out of wack basically. I know that I want 40,28 chainrings and obviously Raceface sells them, but I didn't want to buy them with out being certain they are going to work. Not replacing the crankset would be ideal of course but I suppose I could spring for a newer version if need be. All of the research I have done has pointed me towards raceface mainly producing a 4 bolt design cranks and chainrings. So I just want to know if they will work out correctly.

• 01-20-2013
    drewdoeboy
    Thanks for the info. I think I have just decided to go ahead and just buy the new components, and do it the right way.