Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

11-32 Speed Cassette?

731 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  An02WRX 
#1 ·
First time poster after lurking here for a while. Short story, I picked up a 1999 Hardrock FS to give my GF a bike to ride, the drivetrain is on the way out and when it goes I've been having trouble finding the same geared cassette. Info from bikepedia shows it being 11-32, I haven't counted to confirm, the closest thing I have found is this; http://www.rei.com/product/737175 I suppose my question being, if there is no one making a 11-32, how much speed would be lost going to the 12 tooth? The old cassette appears to be a Suntour that I have not been able to source. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post :)

#4 ·
You might double check that...I don't recall anyone making an 11-32 7 speed cassette back then...certainly not Shimano but I could see an "off" brand like SR Suntour (not to be confused with the earlier Suntour) making something like that.

Unless your GF is a speed freak...she probably would never notice the difference between a 11t and a 12t small cog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.